Rolex Explorer II 216570
- Year 2020
- Free Delivery In 4-5 Business Days
- 14 day returns for your peace of mind
- Watchfinder Authenticity Guarantee
- Watchfinder 24 months limited Warranty
|Papers:||Yes||The original warranty certification issued with a watch.|
|Manufacturer warranty:||1 Year 10 Months remaining||Our watches have a 24-month warranty for your peace of mind, in conjunction with any remaining manufacturer’s warranty from new or from service. Warranty claims on watches covered by a manufacturer's warranty can be sent either to us or direct to the manufacturer.|
|Watchfinder warranty:||24 months limited||This watch is covered by our limited 24 month warranty, giving you a full two years of peace of mind.|
|Case size:||42 MM|
|Movement:||Automatic||A mechanical watch is powered by a spring. Manual mechanical watches must be hand wound. Automatic watches are also mechanical, and are wound by a weight that spins with the wearer's movements. A quartz watch is battery powered and extremely accurate.|
|Bracelet:||Steel (Oyster) (length 15.5 cm)|
|Water resistance:||100 metres|
|Location:||Call to view||Call +1 646 400 6632 to view at one of our locations. You will need to bring photographic ID in order to view this watch.|
The original Explorer will forever be associated with the successful Everest ascent of 1953 when members of the expedition wore early versions of the model. Then came the more advanced Explorer II— the now-legendary reference 1655 launched in 1971—which was a tool watch specifically aimed at cavers. It featured an extra hour hand, orange and shaped like an arrow, which read against the fixed 24-hour bezel so that those in the dark could tell whether it was, for example, 9 o’clock in the evening or 9 o’clock at night. It can also be used as a GMT. This model, now discontinued and replaced with the reference 226570, is also a dual-timer, and retains similar looks to the 1970s original, albeit larger at 42mm. It’s the ultimate adventurer’s watch, iconic, handsome and robust.
This Rolex has undergone a thorough inspection of water resistance, accuracy, functionality and condition to determine the level of reconditioning required to meet our strict standards. It has also been referenced against technical documents and manufacturer records where available to ensure authenticity and a clean history. Our watches have a 24-month warranty for your peace of mind, in conjunction with any remaining manufacturer’s warranty from new or from service. To maintain the manufacturer’s warranty on this watch, it has not been polished in our service centre.
Expertly Prepared By Watchfinder
It’s more than the work of a moment to make a watch ready for Watchfinder. Find out just how much goes on behind the scenes to prepare your next watch for you.Discover more
Discover more about selling your watch
Selling your watch to Watchfinder couldn't be more simple and straightforward. We offer highly competitive quotes, as well as a quick and hassle-free service.Get Started
The Watch Magazine
Simply fill in your details below and one of our expert team members will be in touch. Online forms not for you? No worries. Give us a call instead on +1 646 400 6632 for any enquiries.
To get an approximate idea of what a watch will look like on you, you’ll need to measure your wrist. Using a ruler, measure the distance from one side of your wrist to the other in centimetres as shown in the illustration.
Our watches have a 24-month warranty for your peace of mind, in conjunction with any remaining manufacturer’s warranty from new or from service. Warranty claims on watches covered by a manufacturer's warranty can be sent either to us or direct to the manufacturer.
The watchmakers in our manufacturer-certified service centre are equipped with the knowledge and experience to ensure that every single watch is genuine. Nothing is left to chance, with watches being inspected at high magnification both outside and in.
The premium pre-owned watch experience starts with us. Find out how we authenticate, inspect, restore and service every item.
- This watch has not been worn and has no signs of wear & tear
- Manufacturer stickers and seals may be present
- Minimal signs of wear & tear, with only very faint handling marks to the case and bracelet, no dents
- May have been lightly polished
- Crystal has no imperfections or chips
- Few signs of wear & tear, with light scratches to the case and bracelet and no visible dents
- May have been lightly polished
- Crystal has no chips, but may have a minor imperfection
- Has some age-related wear, with minor scratches or small dents to the case & strap possible
- Is likely to have been polished
- Crystal may have a small chip or imperfection
- Has significant age-related wear with obvious scratches and dents
- Has been polished to bring to best possible standard
- Crystal is chipped in multiple locations and/or has other imperfections
- This watch is an older model and due to its age, we may not have polished it to retain its original characteristics as far as possible. Work may have been carried out by previous owners.
To request the price of this watch please complete the form below and we'll be in touch soon
Every watch we receive must meet the high standards of our manufacture certified service centre. If you want to be the first to know when this watch is ready to purchase, please enter your details below.