Rolex Explorer 1016
- Year Approx. 1969
- Free Delivery In 4-5 Business Days
- 14 day returns for your peace of mind
- Watchfinder Authenticity Guarantee
- Watchfinder 24 months limited* Warranty
|Papers:||No||The original warranty certification issued with a watch.|
|Watchfinder warranty:||24 months limited*||This watch is covered by our 24 month limited warranty, giving you a full two years of peace of mind. Due to age, older watches may not fall within our typical expected tolerances for timekeeping, and are no longer suitable for use in wet environments or submersion in water.|
|Case size:||36 MM|
|Movement:||Automatic||A mechanical watch is powered by a spring. Manual mechanical watches must be hand wound. Automatic watches are also mechanical, and are wound by a weight that spins with the wearer's movements. A quartz watch is battery powered and extremely accurate.|
|Bracelet material:||Steel (Oyster)|
|Dial type:||Black Quarter Arabic|
|Location:||Call to view||Call +1 646 400 6632 to view at one of our locations. You will need to bring photographic ID in order to view this watch.|
The Rolex Explorer is one of the most highly valued and sough-after models in the world of vintage watch collecting. Originally based on the model worn by Tenzing Norgay in the first ever successful ascent of Everest in 1953, the famous ref 1016 Explorer was an evolution of two equally interesting preceding watches, the 6350 and 6610, and was manufactured from the late 60s to mid 80s. A versatile vintage timepiece that enjoyed numerous variations, the Explorer 1016 remains one of the best examples of Rolex's genius for combining sport and dress elements in their watches.
Due to age, this Rolex may not fall within our typical expected tolerances for timekeeping, and is no longer suitable for use in wet environments or submersion in water. In the interests of preserving original features, utmost care has been taken to sympathetically restore this watch. It has also been referenced against technical documents and manufacturer records where available to ensure authenticity and a clean history.
Expertly Prepared By Watchfinder
It’s more than the work of a moment to make a watch ready for Watchfinder. Find out just how much goes on behind the scenes to prepare your next watch for you.Discover more
Discover more about selling your watch
Selling your watch to Watchfinder couldn't be more simple and straightforward. We offer highly competitive quotes, as well as a quick and hassle-free service.Get Started
The Watch Magazine
Simply fill in your details below and one of our expert team members will be in touch. Online forms not for you? No worries. Give us a call instead on +1 646 400 6632 for any enquiries.
To get an approximate idea of what a watch will look like on you, you’ll need to measure your wrist. Using a ruler, measure the distance from one side of your wrist to the other in centimetres as shown in the illustration.
A vintage timepiece is a slice of history that you can wear on your wrist, preserving the past for future generations. Vintage watches all have a story to tell—why not add your own chapter?
This watch is covered by our 24 month limited warranty, giving you a full two years of peace of mind. Due to age, older watches may not fall within our typical expected tolerances for timekeeping, and are no longer suitable for use in wet environments or submersion in water.
The watchmakers in our manufacturer-certified service centre are equipped with the knowledge and experience to ensure that every single watch is genuine. Nothing is left to chance, with watches being inspected at high magnification both outside and in.
The premium pre-owned watch experience starts with us. Find out how we authenticate, inspect, restore and service every item.
- This watch has not been worn and has no signs of wear & tear
- Manufacturer stickers and seals may be present
- Minimal signs of wear & tear, with only very faint handling marks to the case and bracelet, no dents
- May have been lightly polished
- Crystal has no imperfections or chips
- Few signs of wear & tear, with light scratches to the case and bracelet and no visible dents
- May have been lightly polished
- Crystal has no chips, but may have a minor imperfection
- Has some age-related wear, with minor scratches or small dents to the case & strap possible
- Is likely to have been polished
- Crystal may have a small chip or imperfection
- Has significant age-related wear with obvious scratches and dents
- Has been polished to bring to best possible standard
- Crystal is chipped in multiple locations and/or has other imperfections
- This watch is an older model and due to its age, we may not have polished it to retain its original characteristics as far as possible. Work may have been carried out by previous owners.
Found a watch cheaper elsewhere? Tell us about it and we’ll beat it.*
*Price Promise may not apply to every application. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.
Please fill in your details below to make an offer on this Rolex Explorer 1016 and we'll be in touch.
Product Code: 223672
Rolex Explorer 1016